Health Benefit of Keeping A Dog
While most pet owners are clear about the immediate joys that come with sharing their lives with companion animals, many remain unaware of the physical and mental health benefits that can also accompany the pleasure of playing with or snuggling up to a furry friend. It’s only recently that studies have begun to scientifically explore the benefits of the human-animal bond. Studies have found that:
Studies have shown the following Health Benefits of Owning a Pet
- Pets can help to improve our cardiovascular health. Pet owners tend to have lower cholesterol levels than others.
- Married couples who owned a pet were found to have lower blood pressure than those without pets
- Pet owners have milder responses and quicker recovery from stress when they were with their pets than with a spouse or friend.
- Having pets is known to boost immunity.
- Dog owners tend to get more exercise when they take their dog out for a walk each day. This makes them physically active.
- Social connectivity improves as walking with a dog leads to more conversations.
- Pets provide psychological comfort. Therapists and researchers have reported that children with autism are sometimes better able to interact with pets, and this may help in their interactions with people.
- The companionship of a dog can offer comfort, help ease anxiety, and build self-confidence for people anxious about going out into the world.
- Animal-assisted therapies are being offered in hospitals and nursing homes where trained dogs are used. Doctors who watch patients interacting with animals say they can clearly see benefits, including improved mood and reduced anxiety.
- Professionally-trained helper animals–such as guide dogs for the blind are of great help.
- Pet owners are less likely to suffer from depression than those without pets.
- Playing with a pet can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine, these are hormones which help us to calm down and relax.
- Pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels (indicators of heart disease) than those without pets.
- Heart attack patients with pets survive longer than those without.
- Pet owners over age 65 make 30 percent fewer visits to their doctors than those withot Dogs
- Keeping a Pet Reduce Risk of Allergies, Asthma, and Eczema, Lowers Blood Pressure, Maked Your Heart Stronger & Improves Fitness.
Pets and children
Not only do children who grow up with pets have less risk of allergies and asthma, many also learn responsibility, compassion, and empathy from having pets. Unlike parents, pets are never critical and don’t give orders. They are always loving and their mere presence at home can help provide a sense of security in children. Having an ever-present dog or cat, for example, can help ease separation anxiety in children when mom and dad aren’t around. Studies have also shown that pets can help calm hyperactive or overly aggressive kids.
- First & only ISO 9001 certified Pets Organization in India.
- Brand IDB Reputation with the Clientage of more than 5000 Clients all across.
- No.1 organization of pets Industry in Rajasthan with 80% of total Market share.
- IDB is the only firm to provide Original Breed Certificate that is copyrighted and Registered that gives a 100% Breed guarantee of every sold pup.
- Surety of health as every pup sold is vaccinated.
- Over decades of legacy.
- Strong Ready livestock of hundred of Dog, pups and other livestock Round the clock on a single call “YOU DREAM – WE DELIVER”.
- Strong Global & National Networking for sourcing the finest livestock.
- The only Acclaimed pets organization covered by National & International Print & Electronic Media Worldwide.
- Officially supplied Dogs & Pups to prestigious organization like Army, Police, RPF, BSF, Even to the President’s Security.
- Unique marketing strategy that makes News & History.
- IDB has organized the most high profile talked about Biggest Dog Shows in India consecutively since 2003 attracting thousand of quality visitors.
Do’s And Don’ts of Dog Ownership
Here are some other key considerations any new dog owner should take into account when bringing a puppy or a dog into the home:
- Keep your dog under control at all times.
- Train your dog to use the kerb correctly.
- Always clean up after your dog.
- Keep your dog close to you when walking it on a lead.
- Give your dog the correct amount of exercise and play it needs.
- Feed your dog a balanced, nutritious diet with adequate food and water.
- Deworm your dog routinely.
- Register your dog with your local vet, attend annual health checks and ensure your dog is adequately immunised / vaccinated.
- Groom your dog regularly.
- Never let your dog sleep on the floor specially in winters, even on wet floor.
- Don’t expose your dogs to extreme low or high temperature.
- Avoid keeping your dogs in air conditioned rooms.
- Puppies love games, toys, daily exercise, brushing & combing are must for your dog.
- Bath your pet only with a prescribed dog shampoo once in a week in summers & once in fort night in winters.
- Always chain your dog while going out.
- Avoid your dogs contact with sick and unhygienic dogs but playing with healthy dogs should be encouraged.
- Never think of throwing your dog away when he is sick.
- He needs more attention, care & love during sickness after all he is your family.
- Get your dog vaccinated against all the deadly diseases & viruses on the prescribed schedule.
- Don’t allow your pet to eat waste.
- Never give your dog stale food.
- Always get your dog vaccinated & registered by municipal corporation.
- Do not feed your dog with Sweets, Chocolates, Salt, Ghee, Boned Fish & Spicy Things
- Like us they also love good food so give them Rice, Porridge, Chapati, Brown Bread, Curd, Soya Nuggets, Paneer, Boiled Eggs, Vegetables, Meat etc.
- Don’t bath your pup before he is three months.
- Adult dog require deworming every three months interval.
- It is strongly recommended that the dog should be desexed at the age of 6 months. this helps in reducing the incidence of certain cancer’s & infections later in life & promotes the health & longetivity of your pet.
- Do not hesitate to visit you local veterinarian any time you see abnormality of health .
- Do not overload the small stomach of your pup with excess food.
- Repeat vaccination every year to save your dog against all deadly diseases & rabies.